Supplies You'll Need
Step by Step Instructions
- Warm up the engine so the oil will drain freely.
- Unscrew the oil filler cap located on the right cylinder head using the oil filler cap tool.
- Place a drain tray under the bike and unscrew the oil drain plug.
- After most of the oil has drained through the drain plug, position the tray closer to the oil filter and remove the filter.
- After the oil has drained replace the oil drain plug using a new crush washer. Tighten the drain plug to 32 Nm.
- Fill and lubricate the seal of your new oil filter using fresh oil. Hand tighten the filter onto the bike.
- Refill the oil. The oil level should be in the middle of the sight glass located on the left side of the bike.
- Replace the oil filer cap and start the engine to distribute the oil. Then recheck the level and add oil as needed.